Sunday, August 28, 2016

Sub Drop is NO JOKE

Friday August 26, 2016

Dear Diary,

So, I am still at the party and I have come upstairs and that is when everything came crashing down. My friend, along with the Dom immediately knew what was happening to me and that is I was dropping.

Sub Drop is different for each person. For me, it felt like a panic attack. Imagine you are sky diving as a two person team. You jump from the airplane tethered to another person. You feel the rush of endorphin, the adrenaline flowing through your veins and you feel almost euphoric. A high that just guts you to your core. As you free fall from the sky, you can see the ground coming at you and that rush intensifies. Then, you land and are no longer tethered to that person. The adrenaline is no longer there, that rush of endorphins is depleting and you feel almost sick. You feel hot and cold, you are sweating, and that is pretty much what Sub Drop feels like.

So, I first notice that the room looks hazy and I can hear people talking, but it's like I am underwater. My hands are like claws and I am shaking. I can't breathe, I can't focus, and I want to run away. So, the Dom tells me exactly what is going on, and makes me maintain eye contact. He said this is perfectly normal and to focus on my breathing. My friend grabs a bottle of water and a cupcake for me and we sit on the couch. He said that they are going to stay with me on that couch and hold me until the drop subsides. They rub my head, they cuddle me, they tell me what a good pet I was and they are so proud of me. They hugged me and made me eat, and it was the safest place I'd ever been. The drop eventually subsides, and I am feeling well enough to go home.


No comments:

Post a Comment